Friday, July 11, 2008

Something to Share

Last weekend I was invited to attend my cousin’s wedding reception held in a local hotel in town. My first thought was…, she is one lucky girl!!! Okay let us all admit that not every girl can afford to have their dreamed wedding in a hotel right? It would be like a fairy tale comes true for any girl to celebrate her big day in a hotel, with everything seems so perfectly planned; the well planned garden-like theme, the nicely arranged guests table, the delightful menus and etc. etc. But then, sometime during the reception I felt like there was something missing. Something was just not right on that night. I tried really hard to know what it was considering the reception was no where near to a mess or in ad hoc. Like I said before, everything was so PERFECTLY done! And soon, I finally comprehend the whole picture. That’s right! The only thing missing that night was the practice of traditional wedding customs and ceremony. Please don’t get me wrong on this. I do realize that we are now living in the twentieth century and so some might call it old fashioned and a conservative way to celebrate one’s wedding in this very manner. Nevertheless, without all these detail of traditions the wedding itself may lose its holy and sacred meaning. It won’t be very much remember able and meaningful for the bride and groom, their family members and also the guests. That is why in my next blog you will find me writing on wedding preparations based on my traditions and beliefs. So read on… =) Signing out. TheWonderWoman

No comments: