Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yoga Banned!

Recently we were informed by the fatwa issued by the National Fatwa Council's on the practice of yoga by Muslims as haram. Many comments, judgments and other perceptions bring thrown at the Muslim community. Some views even say that it could create racial tension. (Even Samy Vellu wants to meet up with our PM over this yoga ban!)


To me, I have never tried yoga but have always wanted to try it out some time. But I guess I just have to forget about that now don’t I? Though I personally feel that the absurd ban is not right, however who am I to say that as I am not an ulama in this matter right? I am not trying to be smart here, but I just thought that isn’t it the sincereness and truthfulness of our intentions is what matter most in any Muslims actions and doing? Its called NAWAITU! I am well aware that it is the responsibility of the Fatwa Council to alert all Muslims on something that is not right or can lead to something wrong. But I am just writing to express my honest thought. I'm sure the National Fatwa Council won't simply issue a fatwa without first discussing the matter among all the ulama either within or outside the council. Signing out. The Wonder Woman

No comments: