Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bazaar Ramadhan


Hey everyone…ok let me just say that I’m sorry for being so silent for the past few days. Well you know it’s a long weekend this week and so I’ve decided to take my holidays that I’ve always wanted. The Budget 2009 is over (and yess I am very please with it. BONUS people,BONUS!!! That’s all that matters) , and then it’s our Merdeka celebration (go Pak Lah! though he had a bad sore throat yet he still managed to let out the MERDEKA shout for 7 memorable times) and now it’s the month of patience some say which is Ramadhan. So what should I be writing down in my blog today? Hurmmm… I guess the “Bazaar Ramadhan” would be interesting. Well ok then I’ll start with what is Bazaar Ramadhan.

Well basically the Bazaar Ramadhan only happens once a year if you must know, which is in the month of Ramadhan (the fasting month for Muslims all over the world) It is a place where you can find hundreds of food stalls selling variety kinds of mouth watering delicacies. During the month of Ramadhan, Muslims are being tested on their patience whereby they are forbidden from certain acts of doing such as eating, drinking, and behaving badly towards people around them etc etc. And as you can tell, the most challenging part would be to abide on no eating and drinking from the crack of dawn till sunset for most Muslims. However, these tests would be paid off comes the end of the day. This is where the Bazaar Ramadhan plays it role. This giant food fair offers variety kinds of food from bubur pedas, ayam percik, laksa penang, kuih bongkol, ais kacang etc.(erkk...writing this all down had made me drool very grossly!! =P)

BUBUR PEDAS

AYAM PERCIK

So people of Sarawak-Kuchingians, why don’t you give it a try. If you never been to any of these bazaars you are missing a lot in life (at least to me that is) Where you can find it? Try the famous Bazaar Ramadhan at Jalan Satok. Then there are also bazaars at Semarak, Plaza Astana, and Jalan Sukma to name a few. Enjoy…and Happy Breaking Fast; Selamat Berbuka Puasa!!! Signing out. TheWonderWoman

No comments: